CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

A dream on hold.


Did you ever find yourself in a place that you wish you weren't at.....at the time you were at it? Well, I was walking through my living room at the exact moment a commercial ad came on the TV about Andrea Bocelli's June 7th concert at the Hollywood Bowl. I froze, my jaw dropped and I just starred at the TV screen. As soon as the commercial ended I came to the computer and pulled up one of the ticket sales sites. The most expensive seat you could buy online was about $900 and it was down in the Garden section right in front of the stage. For me, that one was a fairy tale. ;-) I scrolled all the way to the bottom of the list of available seats and found the cheapest one for about $150. Of course, it was up in the nose bleed section which is about a block from the stage. I'd be willing to give up going to the grocery story for a month to have that seat, though, just to be in the same vicinity with Andrea and have him sing to me "up close" and personal. ;-)
Well, as it turned out June 7th is on a Sunday. Do you think my Father would approve of me going to a concert on Sunday......a concert that wasn't at the church. I'm sure He knows that nothing but angelic tones come out of that man's mouth when he sings. I wonder. I'll continue to contemplate the reality of my going........dream about it would probably be a better way to put it.
Experiencing Andrea's voice in person someday is one of the top four things I want to do while I'm still on this planet. It's just ahead of seeing New England in the Fall and eating pizza in
Italy. ;-) Those things are numbers 2, 3 and 4 on my list. Can you guess what number 1 is? If you know me very well at all, you can. ;-)
Dreams...............they're like appetizers while you wait for the real things. ;-)

0 comments: